Using clinical samples, biochemistry, cultured cells, or animal models, we can show how natural products, nutraceuticals, or pharmaceuticals impact such things as:
- Gene activation
- Cellular health
- & many others
Below are a few examples of how we give products a competitive edge by backing them with legitimate scientific data and imagery.
Projects for our clients are customized to their marketing and product claims goals; therefore, it is impossible to create an exhaustive list of all studies/assays we perform. However, below is a sampling of projects that Wasatch has performed recently. Descriptions have been scrubbed of confidential information.
- Used fluorescent microscopy to produce images that showed a product clearing cells of oxidative stress. The client used the images in their marketing with great success
- Developed custom cell viability and gene expression assays to test the efficacy of six botanical blends provided by a client. Two formulas proved superior to the others and are being moved forward in development
- Created laboratory evidence of the anti-bacterial properties of two natural hand sanitizers
- Customized a microbiome assay to test for changes in the microbiome of subjects taking a probiotic product. Found increases in multiple species that were used in the supplement, thus showing probiotic efficacy
- Showed effectiveness (at the molecular level) of an anti-skin-aging product by performing RNA-seq and ChIP-seq on clinical skin biopsies and on cultured skin cells. The data were used to support structure/function claims and to convince customers of product efficacy
- Created evidence to refute negative claims about a botanical blend. The evidence was both qualitative (images and videos of cells in culture) and quantitative (line charts of cell activity)
- Tested the effects of a product on genetic super-enhancers in saliva and blood samples from a clinical trial. Found that several beneficial biological pathways were activated by product supplementation
- Using a luciferase reporter cell line, screened for (and identified) a natural product that induced the antioxidant response pathway
- Provided supporting scientific evidence for a product that increases ATP production
- Authored a manuscript (on behalf of a client) that was presented at a conference and published in a scientific journal
- Showed changes in glutathione levels in the saliva of supplemented subjects
- Demonstrated that a product protects telomeres from shortening under stressful conditions (which is important for delaying aging). The client used the data to back up anti-aging structure/function claims
Please contact us to learn how Wasatch Scientific can produce evidence to support natural product claims, and help boost product sales through increased scientific credibility.